How to use AirPods and Siri with Amazon Alexa?
Using AirPods with Siri and Amazon Alexa requires a workaround, as AirPods are designed to work seamlessly with Siri on Apple devices. However, it is possible to integrate AirPods with Amazon Alexa by following these steps:
Enable “Hey Siri” on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Siri & Search.
- Enable the “Listen for ‘Hey Siri'” option.
- Follow the prompts to set up the “Hey Siri” feature.
Install the Amazon Alexa app:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for the Amazon Alexa app.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Sign in to your Amazon account within the app.
Connect AirPods to your iPhone or iPad:
- Open the lid of your AirPods case.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front starts flashing white.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to the Bluetooth settings (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Tap on your AirPods when they appear in the list of available devices to connect them.
Set up Alexa voice control with Siri Shortcuts:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the More tab at the bottom right corner.
- Select Settings and then tap on Siri & Search.
- Enable the “Use with Siri” option.
- Tap on “Add to Siri” to record a custom phrase to trigger Alexa.
Use Siri to activate Alexa with AirPods:
- Put on your AirPods and make sure they are connected to your iPhone or iPad.
- Activate Siri by saying “Hey Siri” or by pressing and holding the AirPods’ stem if you have that feature enabled.
- Use the custom phrase you recorded in step 4, followed by your command, to activate Alexa. For example, say, “Hey Siri, Alexa, play my favorite playlist” or “Hey Siri, Alexa, what’s the weather today?”
By setting up Siri Shortcuts and utilizing Siri’s voice activation capabilities, you can trigger Amazon Alexa commands through your AirPods. Keep in mind that this method relies on the integration between Siri and the Amazon Alexa app and may not offer full functionality compared to using dedicated Amazon Echo devices.